Thursday 5 March 2015

Blogs from SK Perupok English Teachers

As part of our projects in Bachok-Pasir Puteh1, the teachers wrote a blog entry each to be published.  So let's hear it from the level one English teachers at SK Perupok (woohoo!)

First, meet Nina:

Here is what Nina wrote:

Hi bloggers!
I’m Nina and I would like to share something special about this TELL2 programme in my school.  It is such an amazing experience to be part of this programme.  A million thanks to my supportive mentor, Niamh Dunne, who has helped me so much with my teaching skills.  During the TPD (Teacher Professional Development) workshops, I also had the opportunity to make many friends with teachers in different schools.  They are nice and friendly.  I manage to follow all the lessons very well.  I never skipped the course because I was eager to learn something new which could improve my teaching.  My mentor is really nice to me and she makes me feel free to ask anything without any hesitation.  That is the reason I give 5 stars to this effective programme!

Next, meet Anita:


Here is what Anita wrote:

Hello Niamh and my dear friends.  
I’m Anita and I hope you are all happy and cheerful.  Today I want to tell you all what I feel.  As you know, I’m not good at English because my English result in SPM was credit only.  I did not get 1..2..3 or …so that’s why I’m ashamed and not confident to teach English.  First, I started teaching English when I taught at SK Jelawat.  There was not enough teachers to teach English so PKP asked me to try to teach English.  So no ‘ifs’ nor ‘buts’, I must teach English.  Oh my gosh!  It’s quite difficult…how can I say the correct pronunciation for certain words and manage the classroom.  My vocabulary in English is so poor.  Since that time until here at SK Perupok, I’ve been teaching English.  Many years experience but still not enough to teach English very well.  Compared to Nina, Uja and Linda, I think they are better than me.  Nina and Uja are very fluent and knowledgeable in English.  Also Linda, although she is a non-optionist, she got a good result in SPM and she studied at university for a while before becoming a teacher.  Three of my friends have many ideas and are professional in their jobs.  I’m very grateful to meet them coz they always help me if I am not clear on something.  Uja, Nina and Linda usually give me materials and resources to support me in English.  Thanks to my beloved friends.  Also I never forget to say thanks a lot to our mentor, Niamh.  Since she came here I feel my English is better than before.  I open my eyes and heart.  She has taught my friends and me a lot of things.  Niamh us a gentle woman with a beautiful face and she always smiles for everyone.  When I look at her I know she loves children very much and that’s why she likes teaching.  She’s a perfect lady.  Thanks again Niamh and my friends.


Next, meet Linda:


Here is what Linda wrote:

Hi everyone, I am Linda.
I love myself…I’ll do anything that I need to be a happy woman with a happy life.  So how about me?  I love to buy something that makes me feel satisfied as long as I do not trouble other people.  For me, shopping or window shopping is one of the best therapies because it can make me release stress.  I am happy with my life and thanks to my parents, my beloved husband and my family for giving me such a great life in this world.  I love them so much, forever and ever!  =)


Here is another blog from our lovely Anita! She was so enthusiastic she did 2! 

Assalamualaikum and hello again to everyone.  
Everyone has something happen in their life, happy or sad.  Sometimes we are happy and sometimes we are sad.  I’ll never forget the 1st of July 2014.  That is the day my beloved father passed away.  I never believed my father could leave me and my family.  I thought the kidney disease that my father had since 2012 could smooth out with dialysis 3 times a week.  I got news from the nurse at 3.45a.m. on that Tuesday that my father couldn't be saved and passed away.  Oh my gosh! I felt nothing but empty in my heart.  My family and I regret that we were not beside father when he passed away to say “Allah and Laila haillAllah.”  Nurses could not allow me and my siblings to take care of father in the ICU room.  We always recited ‘Yaash’ for father and pray for father’s health and to get well soon.  Although we were not beside father, I know my father passed away in peace.  From his face I saw he was smiling and looked like he was sleeping.  My father is the best father in the world.  No matter what, he tried to fulfil all his children’s needs.  In his life, my father worked hard and built houses for his children.  If he had enough money, he bought cars for us, even though not new cars but still good for us to use.  My father always helped his siblings and relatives with his money or anything.  Now I never forget my father and I hope I can meet him in my dreams.  I always pray father and may God bless you, my dear father, and you sleep peacefully.  Father, you are always in our hearts and we can meet in heaven hopefully.  Your children and mum miss you very much and our lives are not cheerful without you.

Finally, meet Uja:


Here is what Uja wrote:

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody.
I’m Uja from SK Perupok.  I am going to share with you about what I did on my last holiday.  When holidays were around the corner I felt so happy…Why?…In my head I was making some plans which I never get the chance to do during the year.  What were they?  Going to travel to a chosen destination?? Oh no! The first thing was…I wanted to tidy up my bookshelf where I keep books and  stationery with my children.  The second plan was that I wanted to sew some worn clothed, which I had put in a big basket.  I want to get close with my old sewing machine! You know what happened?!? The sewing mating worked non-stop unless I switched it off manually.  My eldest child was in charge of controlling the switch…so it worked and I could use it! Hahaha so funny….and TERRIBLE!  We laughed together.  Then after 3 days using it like that, it recovered back to normal.  We laughed together again!  The third thing was…I wanted to see my house so clean and tidy.  I wished to cook some delicious food everyday for my family, with the hope they would like my food very much.  Hahaha…kikiki….Happy together forever and ever!
From me,
Uja.  


They are 4 wonderful women and I love working with them.





That's all now from SK Perupok!

Enjoy your weekend everyone :)
Niamh



No comments:

Post a Comment