Tuesday 19 August 2014

Hari Raya @ PPD Bachok

Last weekend I had the great honour of being invited to a Hari Raya extravaganza at PPD bachok by SK Tangok.

There were more than 800 teachers present and representing 39 primary and secondary schools in Bachok, I was overwhelmed by the level of decorative creativity shown by teachers in the design of their school Raya stalls. Not only were teacher's Raya outfits snazzy, but the variety of local cuisine was amazing in both presentation and taste. 

All the teacher's and respective schools were engaged in fierce competition to become this year's Hari Raya champion, but in the end the trophy went to none other than.....SK Badak! Congratulations for great decorations and presentation to all the teachers and staff at SK Badak!

The celebration not only gave me the opportunity to meet old friends and to make new ones, but it also allowed me to get a better feel of the competitive culture of local teachers. Although I may have gained a kilogram or two, this was a wonderful event and I can't wait to attend next year's Hari Raya celebration.




No comments:

Post a Comment