Tuesday 10 January 2017

Teacher Reviews From Fun With Phonics

Howdy, here are 3 reviews from teachers who attended the Fun With Phonics 5 days training session at AIIS. Please note, the training was scheduled during the first week of winter break; therefore, some teachers could not attend all 5 days due to previous travel arrangements. If anyone in the virtual world is interested in this training for their school, please contact me at:
 englishsquadconsultancy@gmail.com



1. I've attended most of the phonics training classes and I have learnt so much! Br. Khidar's teaching style is great, masha'Allah. -Teacher Aziza


2. For the first two days, Brother Khidar taught us the phonemes, the actions associated to each phoneme, methods to reinforce the knowledge, language games, resources and many more.

Since I was not properly trained to use phonics for teaching reading, I found the training to be very rewarding and meaningful. I was only briefly introduced to the concept back in uni, but after attending the training for two days, I now have much a better idea and practical knowledge to apply the phonics to teach young learners to read. I believe that when applied, students would find reading much easier or manageable InsyaAllah. 

I understand that time is limited, especially that I only went for the first two days, I would appreciate it if he could briefly talk about the limitations of phonics in comparison to other methods. I would like to know how other approaches may complement the phonics approach. However, he may have addressed this in one of his talks that I missed. Overall, the training is very beneficial and kudos to Brother Khidar for the excellent presentation. Teacher Insyirah 



3.The training really helped me. I liked how we learnt that each letter has a specific sound and action.


Teacher Mimi







No comments:

Post a Comment